Meet Danielle Alder, MEd, RDN
Danielle Alder is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and owner of All Star Dietitian. She obtained her Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from Arizona State University and a Master's in Health Education with an emphasis in the treatment of eating disorders from Plymouth State University.
She has experience working with athletes at all levels including high school, college and professional. She has worked with athletes at several Division I programs including Arizona State University, Florida State University, Millsaps Training Facility and UCLA to enhance performance through evidenced-based nutrition practices. Along with her passion for sports nutrition she also has an interest and experience working with clients who have disordered eating, eating disorders and body dissatisfaction.
Danielle enjoys working alongside clients on their journey to strengthening their performance and their relationship with food, movement and their body. She believes in whole person care and honors each client’s individual health needs and goals. Along with her role as a nutrition therapist, she is a trained Facilitator for The Body Project®, a dissonance-based body acceptance program developed to help adolescent girls and young women deal with the societal pressures of body image.
Outside of the clinic she also enjoys spending time in the beautiful Arizona parks and lakes paddleboarding, boating or hiking.
Education and Training
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. Credentialed with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Facilitator. The Body Project
- MEd, Health Education: Eating Disorders. Plymouth State University
- Graduate Certificate in Dietetics Internship. Iowa State University
- B.S. Nutrition and Dietetics. Arizona State University
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Behavioral Health Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs
- Sports Performance Nutrition
- Eating Disorders and Body Dissatisfaction
Why Choose a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN) are considered the experts in the nutrition field. The RDN has extensive education related to medical nutrition therapy, food chemistry and food management. They have completed at least a bachelor's degree, completed an accredited supervised practice experience and passed a national examination. RDNs focus on evidenced-based nutrition information and complete continuing education requirements. For more information about how an RDN can help you, click here.
Person Centered Approach
At National Nutrition Associates, we believe that nutrition information should be tailored to your individual needs and food preferences. Together we will develop an individualized plan that will fit your lifestyle and personal goals. Nutrition is not a "one size fits all" meal plan, it's so much more!
Growing outpatient nutrition private practice is seeking a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist to join their team. This is a part time, contract position with flexible hours in our beautiful office located in the heart of Gilbert, AZ. We are looking for a dynamic individual with outpatient nutrition counseling experience who has a desire and experience practicing with a non-diet, weight inclusive approach. Although we do see a wide variety of clients, our primary focus is working with individuals with eating disorders in recovery as well as providing performance nutrition advice to all levels of athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Provide medical nutrition therapy to individuals and groups
• Perform nutrition assessment, diagnosis, intervention and evaluation
• Counsel and provide nutrition education to clients using individualized approaches through in-person consultation, handouts, presentations and interactive virtual practices
• Communication with interdisciplinary team regarding client care as well as referrals to other providers and community programs as needed
• Development of educational materials, presentations and other tools
• Maintain adequate and up to date electronic medical records using HIPAA compliant software
• Build and maintain meal strategies to meet client goals
• Maintain up to date Registered Dietitian credentials and continuing education requirements with CDR and AND
• Registered Dietitian Nutritionist credentialed with Commission on Dietetic Registration with a minimum of 2+ years experience
• Successful completion of a Dietetic Internship approved by ACEND
• Master’s level education in nutrition or similar field
• Experience working with eating disorders and sports nutrition
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your experience to email@example.com
This is a part time position with the opportunity to increase hours as caseload grows. Hours are flexible, morning, afternoon, evening and weekends available.